Is your roof ready for hurricane season? If you're unsure, then it's time to schedule an inspection by a Keller Roofing to find out. The following information is for homeowners who may be in the path of violent storms this hurricane season. Florida residents need to be prepared if they want their homes to remain safe.
When Is Hurricane Season?
The state of Florida is hurricane central for the Atlantic season that lasts from June 1 until November 30.
How To Prepare A Roof for Hurricane Season
A roof is the first barrier against raging storms. Make sure that it will provide the best protection.
- Install asphalt shingles rated for winds up to 150 mph.
- Use 6-nailed shingles rather than 4-nailed.
- Re-affix loose shingles with roof adhesive well in advance of any expected storm.
- Adhesives usually need 2-3 weeks to cure properly.
- Have Keller Roofing reinforce the roof with hurricane straps, or other reinforcement options, to prevent damage from flying debris.
What If A Homeowner Doesn't Know The Condition Of Their Roof?
If you don't know whether or not your roof can withstand the abuse of high winds and torrential rain, it's time to schedule a roof inspection. In fact, where your most important investment is concerned, every homeowner should have a routine inspection as part of their hurricane preparedness plan.
Here's what to expect when Keller Roofing does an inspection:
- Examination of roofing shingles, tiles, etc.
- Inspection of underlying membrane.
- Review of flashings and drainage system.
- Comprehensive report that identifies any damage or potential problem.
- Suggestions and options for resolving issues.
- Estimate on cost for repairs or hurricane preparedness roofing solutions.
Why Choose Keller Roofing
Florida requires roofing professionals to be licensed. The first thing to look for, then, are the credentials of a roofing contractor. A license check is easy. Visit website Florida DBPR and enter the name of a roofing company in the site's search engine. Once you have verified the licensing requirements of candidates, narrow your search further with the following criteria:
- Keller Roofing has brick-and-mortar storefronts on both the east and west coast of Florida. A website-only company could be a fly-by-night company that won't be there later if you need them. A contractor with established roots in the community is more reliable.
- Check out reviews and ask for references from previous clients. A reputable company will most likely have an extensive portfolio of previous work that can be reviewed.
You Can Depend on Keller Roofing and Inspections
- Keller Roofing has an A+ Rating on the Better Business Bureau Website.
- Keller Roofing is a licensed roofing contractor. License #CCC045915
- Keller Roofing carries workman's compensation and liability insurance.
- Keller Roofing has been a family owned business for 3 generations.
- Keller Provides 7 year warranties on shingle roofs, and 10 year warranties on flat and tile roofs.
Staying Safe is More Than Roofing Materials
Once a final selection has been made for a roofing contractor, don't think the job is over for preparing your roof for hurricane season. All that hard work and investment to get a roof in top-notch condition could be for nothing if a homeowner ignores the threat of surrounding trees. A roofing contractor may advise as to vulnerabilities caused by low hanging branches or threats certain types of trees may cause. Falling branches, toppled trees and flying debris can cause much more than roofing damage. They can cause costly structural damage to other parts of a home and outlying property.
If a homeowner is unfamiliar with a local tree-trimming company, ask your roofing contractor for a referral. Chances are, a roofing professional with a long-standing reputation in the local community has worked alongside expert tree-trimmers.
Be Prepared Before the Hurricane
One final word of advice: don't wait. Hurricane season is already well underway. Roofing experts and tree-trimming professionals are in the midst of a busy season. Begin preparations today.
Call Keller Roofing at (954) 616-8400 on the east coast of Florida. Call (239) 674-7527 if you live on the west coast of Florida. Plus, you can contact us to schedule your roof inspection.
Keller Roofing can save homeowners valuable time because we already meet the highest qualifications homeowners are looking for in a Florida roofing contractor.